University of Kansas is also known as UK according to AbbreviationFinder.org. It is a public research university and the largest university in the US of the state of Kansas. The main campus is located in Lawrence on Mount Oread, the highest point in Lawrence. The university opened its doors in 1866, under a charter granted by the Kansas Legislature in 1864.
Since its founding, the University of Kansas has embodied the aspirations and determination of the abolitionists who settled on the bend of the Kaw River in August 1854. Their first goal was to ensure that the new Kansas Territory entered the union as a free state.. Another was to establish a university.
Nearly 150 years later, KU has grown into a major public research institution and teaching 28,000 students and 2,600 faculty on five campuses (Lawrence, Kansas City, Overland Park, Wichita, and Salina). Its diverse elements are united by its mission to educate leaders, build healthy communities, and make world-changing discoveries.
He is a member of the prestigious Association of Universities of America since 1909, KU consistently earns high marks for its academic programs. Its faculty and students are supported and strengthened by equity assets of more than $ 1.44 billion. It is committed to expanding innovative research and commercialization programs.
KU has 13 schools, including the only colleges of pharmacy and medicine in the state, and offers postgraduate programs. Particularly strong are special education, city management, speech-language pathology, rural medicine, clinical child psychology, nursing, occupational therapy, and social welfare.
The students, divided almost evenly between men and women, come from all 50 states and 105 countries and are 15 percent multicultural. The University’s Honors Program is nationally recognized, and KU has produced 26 Rhodes Scholars, more than all other Kansas schools combined.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is the only state-designated National Cancer Institute. Eleven other major centers oversee research on life expectancy, humanities, transportation, environment, life sciences, biodiversity, and polar ice sheets, among others.
Nine central service laboratories and affiliated centers specialize in fields such as biomedical research, molecular structures, technology commercialization, and oil recovery. KU has service centers throughout the state that offer training and professional development in law enforcement, fire fighting, child development, health education, and public management. A horrible guerrilla raid in August 1863 burned the city and killed 200 men and boys. However, a few months after the Civil War ended, KU was founded, and opening in September 1866.
James Naismith, Inventor of Basketball Just 32 years later, the inventor of basketball, James Naismith, founded a beloved tradition here. The scientist who discovered vitamins A and D had graduated from this Universityad Helium was first extracted from gas in a KU laboratory. The inventor of the long-acting medication capsule teaches here. Astronauts, artists, writers, businessmen, senators and governors, Pulitzer Prize and Nobel Prize winners launched their careers here. Thousands of teachers, nurses, doctors, pharmacists, musicians, architects, engineers and lawyers graduated from this institution.
- It ranks 11th in the nation for study abroad with the participation of nearly a third of participating students
- Helium was extracted at this University from gas for the first time in a KU laboratory.
- Intellectual diversity, integrity, and disciplined inquiry in the pursuit of knowledge are of the utmost importance in this center of higher studies.
- The main campus in Lawrence tops Mount Oread, informally known as the hill. This limestone hill was named after the city’s founders a decade ago when they endured conflicts with pro-slavers in Missouri.
University of Missouri
Missouri University of Science and Technology is one of the best study centers in the United States, where Bill Gates, Chris Cooper, Sheryl Crow, Tom Berenger, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg studied.
Missouri University of Science and Technology, formerly known as the University of Missouri-Rolla, is one of the top technology research universities in the nation. It is located in Rolla, Missouri. It is midway between the larger cities of St. Louis and Springfield surrounded by an accessible, safe and pleasant landscape, where rivers, forested hills, bubbling springs and cliffs meet, all forming an attractive nature park. The center is a South Central Missouri Heritage Site.
Founded in 1870, the Missouri University of Mines and Metallurgy was the first technological institution west of the Mississippi River. Known for its Science and Technology engineering programs it offers degrees in the sciences, literary arts, humanities and business. About 6,000 students are enrolled in its classes, making it large enough to accommodate a diverse population, but small enough for individuals to stand out. Here students are actively involved in the processes to obtain an education, or join a design team, participating in inter-university sports, research is also carried out together with the professors. Upon graduation, more experienced students are in very high demand by companies across the country.
The campus currently employs astronauts, bridge builders, chemists, filmmakers, historians, pyrotechnic rocket scientists, solar energy experts, and video bloggers, many of whom give time and money to the university.
- Bachelor of Aeronautics / Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering
- Degree in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Biology
- Degree in biochemistry
- Bachelor of Business – General
- Bachelor of Business Administration / Management
- Bachelor of Science in Ceramics / Engineering
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Chemistry
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering – general
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science / Information – general
- Degree in Economics
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering / Communications Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering / Industrial Management
- Bachelor of English Language and Literature – General,
- Degree in Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor in Geochemistry
- Bachelor of Geological Engineering
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Geophysics Seismology
- Bachelor of History – General
- Bachelor of Information Sciences / Systems
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Management Informatics
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Metallurgical Engineering
- Bachelor of Mining / Mineral Engineering
- Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering
- Bachelor of Petroleum
- Degree in philosophy
- Degree in physics
- Bachelor of Polymer / Plastics
- Bachelor of Predentistry
- Bachelor of prelaw
- Bachelor of Premedicine
- Bachelor of Psychology – General
- Technical Degree / Commercial Writing