According to dictionaryforall.com, the most famous ski resort in the Czech Republic, located at an altitude of 710 meters above sea level in the upper reaches of the river Laba (Elbe) in the center of the Giant Mountains.
Until 1704, ore and silver were mined here. At that time there were only a few wooden houses and the mill of the Spindler family on the site of today’s spa center, and later this name was assigned to the area. Today, the resort of Spindleruv Mlyn includes the once independent villages of Svaty Petr, Bedrichov, Labska, Horni Misecky.
Currently, the resort can accommodate about 8400 tourists at the same time and has two ski centers: Svaty Petr with the highest point of the cable car on Mount Plan, as well as Medvedin in the Horni Misecky area, where you can ski until April. In Spindleruv Mlyn, competitions of the highest class are held annually.
The length of ski slopes is 25 km. The resort has 3 chair lifts and 20 drag lifts with a total capacity of 13,200 people per hour. One track is equipped with lighting and can be used in the evening. In the ski centers Sv. Petr and Medvedin, under adverse climatic conditions, the condition of the ski slopes is maintained with the help of “snow cannons”. There are areas for snowboarding, skydiving is offered.
Cable cars and lifts: opening hours from 8.30 to 16.00. On the cable cars of the ski centers Sv. Petr and Medvedin have a single subscription.
Cross-country ski trails: in Spindleruv Mlyn there are 70 km of marked cross-country skiing trails, 26 km of which meet the standards for international competitions.
– to the Horny Misecky sports center (exit from the upper station of the cable car);
– from boarding house Lesana;
– from the confluence of Laba and Belaya Laba (Divci lavky);
– from the ski center Sv. Petr (upper station of the cable car).
180 km of marked hiking trails gives you the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of routes.
– Garakhov – 14 km
– Rakitnica – 12 km
– Benecko (Benecko) – 11.5 km
– Vrchlabi (Vrchlabi) – 12 km
– Pec pod Sněžkou – 14 km
– Janeki Lazne – 21 km
In Spindleruv Mlyn there are several mountain bike rentals and a large number of marked trails.
One of the travel options:
From the resort center past the ski center Sv. Petr, then along the red marked road (this road is named after the Czech teacher Jana Buchara), the route leads up to Kozi hrbety and offers various travel options. From the observation platform on Kozi hrbety, a beautiful view of Spindleruv Mlyn, the surrounding peaks and the highest point in the Czech Republic, Mount Snezka (1602 m), opens up. Continue past the Lucni bouda shelter to the top of the Snezka mountain (3 km). From the top, you can return along the ascent path or go to the border with Poland and then down on foot or by shuttle bus to Spindleruv Mlyn.
Marianske Lazne – the second largest balneological resort in the Czech Republic
Spa treatment in Marianske Lazne
Mineral springs Marianske Lazne
According to the chemical composition and their effect, the springs are divided into 5 groups.
The source of Rudolf – hypotonic bicarbonate – calcium – magnesium – iron – acidic mineral water is prescribed for the treatment of diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract, inflammation and urolithiasis and kidney stones.
The source of Carolina – hypotonic bicarbonate – calcium – magnesium – iron – acidic mineral water is prescribed directly when oxalate and phosphate stones are excreted from the body.
Forest spring – bicarbonate-sulfuric-acid mineral water containing sodium and magnesium, is prescribed for diseases of urate lithium, gout, and also for respiratory diseases as an emollient.
The Cross Spring and the Ferdinand Spring belong to the group of saline Glauber waters and are used in the treatment of the digestive tract and metabolic disorders.
The source of Ambrozh is a simple ferrous mineral water containing vanadium, used in the treatment of anemia, as well as in the treatment of inflammation of the urinary tract and in the presence of phosphate stones in the body.
Mineral springs are used for drinking treatment, for carbonic baths and for inhalations.
The main specializations
are diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract (also for children from 3 to 18 years old): postoperative conditions, chronic inflammation, conditions after kidney transplantation, chronic inflammation of the prostate. Patients who need regular hemodialysis (artificial kidney) can also afford to come to this resort and be treated, because the Windsor house has all the necessary equipment and devices for blood purification.
– non-tuberculous respiratory diseases: bronchial asthma, pneumonia, postoperative conditions;
– metabolic diseases: gout, hyperlipoproteinemia, diabetes mellitus, obesity;
– diseases of the musculoskeletal system: vertebral algic syndrome, condition after injuries and orthopedic operations, adolescent scoliosis, conditions after spinal surgery;
– diseases of the central nervous system: cerebral palsy, root syndromes, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy;
– gynecological diseases (also for girls from 3 to 18 years old);
– oncological diseases.
The main methods of treatment
are carbonic baths: duration of the procedure: 10-20 minutes according to the doctor’s instructions;
– hydrotherapy of 6 types depending on the state of health;
– gymnastics in the pool;
– underwater massage;
– reflex massage;
– gaseous carbonic wraps;
– gas injections;
– mud wraps;
– diet therapy;
– massages: classical, general or partial, reflex;
– paraffin therapy;
– drinking treatment.
– labile or decompensated diabetes mellitus;
– infectious diseases;
– tuberculosis of the respiratory system;
– parasitic diseases;
– clinical signs of circulatory disorders;
– condition after deep thrombosis or superficial thrombophlebitis;
– recurrent bleeding of all kinds;
– general weight loss and loss of strength;
– malignant tumors;
– psychiatric diseases;
– incontinence of urine and stool;
– acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.